function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AI PadillaAI Padilla 

Why does it take so long for custom fields to appear on the user interface for example on the sales app? (the field is already created on setup)

Either by creating a new field on an object using Setup->Fields & Relationships or Schema Builder, I have to refresh the page many times or even log in and out, for the field to actually be visible on the user interface (i.e. tab/object on the sales app).

After a few minutes, it appears (so it has nothing to do with the visibility permissions).

Does it take that long for the database to be reached by the user interface or what could be the problem?

Using: Chrome / Lightning Experience / Development Edition or Playground
ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Al,

I was able to create a field in demo org and I was able to see the field on single refresh can you check if this is the same issue in other orgs or is it happening only in one particular org.

Thanks.
AI PadillaAI Padilla
Hi Anutej,

thanks for replying. It happens on the org I created on my developer edition and also on two playgrounds I created on Trailhead, so it does not seem to attach to one org.

Am I the only one who experiences this regularly? (some times I see the created fields immediately, but sometimes it takes a few minutes and it is so confusing). Can it have something to do with Cache or any other memory-related problem on Chrome?

PS: I am new to the platform
ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Can you once check if this issue is persisting even in firefox or it is appearing only in chrome.

If this is happening only in chrome then it could be browser specific.
AI PadillaAI Padilla
I just tested it on Firefox, both for a Trailhead Playground and also for an independent Development Edition account, and I get the same issue.

Here you can see on the screenshot the issue:

• I created on Object Manager a "required" Look-Up field linking to Account, with the name "Account"
• When I create a Record on that Object, I don't see the Field "Account"
• but if I try to save the Record, it shows me a message that the Field "Account" is a required Field
• But the Field cannot be seen nor written! What is going on?

Error

This happens very often but not every time. It takes a few minutes or I even need to log in and out for the fields to appear. So it makes the development very slow.

What could be the problem?

Thank you!
Alex HustedAlex Husted
Ever solve this?
Same thing is happening to me and it is driving me bonkers.