function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BlankChefBlankChef 

Custom LinkedIn Lightning App or 3rd Party App using 3-LeggedOAuth

Hi,

The solution is for a Non-Profit Coding Bootcamp that would like to be notified in Salesforce, or preferrably make field updates when students or alumni change their job title.

I am currently working to find documentation to get the LinkedIn: FullProfile object from their API. It seems LinkedIn only allows for the API calls to me made from a custom app that meets their approval standards (makes sense, but I just want to make API calls). The company's use will not be to build custom software. My plan is to just build some Apex Triggers for making the API calls. I will either have to find a creative workaround, or get the department on board with me building an App. Building a custom software or Lightning App solution is a possible route, so I am looking for creative ideas as well!

I am looking for someone that has experience with getting an App approved by LinkedIn to make the r_fullprofile request, and any general information about how to navigate their approval process.

I am looking for someone that has experience being an Administrator in a Group. I can see potential for a creative workaround using job title change notifications for the members of a group.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Best Answer chosen by BlankChef
Vishwajeet kumarVishwajeet kumar
Hello,
We have built an integration which allowed us to pull profile data from LinkedIn using third party company called Daxtra. However, they required to have us a LinkedIn recruiter account for doing it. we had to do two factor authenitcation via text or country of origin Ip range for LinkedIn login using REST Api.

i would recommand looking into third party companies who might provide these kind off integration api's.

Thanks

All Answers

Vishwajeet kumarVishwajeet kumar
Hello,
We have built an integration which allowed us to pull profile data from LinkedIn using third party company called Daxtra. However, they required to have us a LinkedIn recruiter account for doing it. we had to do two factor authenitcation via text or country of origin Ip range for LinkedIn login using REST Api.

i would recommand looking into third party companies who might provide these kind off integration api's.

Thanks
This was selected as the best answer
BlankChefBlankChef

Hi,

Thank you! This definitely gives me something to look into.