function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Roshan 10Roshan 10 

Looking for implementation approach ideas for email templates to support multiple languages in Salesforce

Looking for some help on implementing Email Translations in Salesforce (ex: Send Email on case creation). Also please advise if below understanding about creating email templates is correct

I have created some emails using classic Email Templates (Template Type: Custom) and most of the email is HTML with some merge fields from Case object. The emails are triggered from Workflows and Process Builders and Flows. The initial implementation was for English only and Emails need to be sent to Case Contact.

Now I need to implement it for other languages as well.

I started exploring options and this is where I am 

Emails from Apex - Can create multiple templates for each language and use Apex to send the emails but there is a limit of 5000 singleemail send (cannot send emails to more than 5000 emailaddresses per day). So felt Apex is not a good option

Emails using Visualforce - This seemed like a good option as I can specify the language and use custom labels to store translations. If everything works out, I should be able to acheive all translations with one email template. The main issue is with RefID. Looks like RefID cannot be referenced in Visualforce templates and having a formula field to calculate the RefId has its drawbacks. Also looks like in Winter '22 RefID will be disabled and we need to use the MessageID. Currently MessageID does not work for emails going out using Workflows and Process Builders

Emails using Custom Template Type - This is my current Email type. I can use custom Labels and should be able to achieve all translations with one email template.
The main issue, I noticed here is that I cannot specify the language of the email. 
If a workflow sends out the email, the language of the email is the language of the user that triggered the DML/workflow (there could be scenarios where the language of the user that triggered the workflow and the contact can be different)
The main issue with Email-to-Case. A case created with Email-to-Case is created with a default user with language english but the contact will be of different language

Thank you for your help
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Roshan,

Unfortunately, email templates in multiple languages is currently unavailable.  Kindly review below Idea link and vote for this feature.

https://trailblazer.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000BqWPAA0

Also, you can use third-party application to overcome 5000 single email issue.

Found below references that can help you

https://unofficialsf.com/send-html-email-1-32-now-supports-multi-language-for-lightning-email-templates/

Hope this helps...

Thanks,