function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anoop HadaAnoop Hada 

process builder not updating child records of custom object

I am using process builder to update child records from a parent object. But its not updating records of one specific customer child object. However when in same  process builder I am trying to update another objects child records  then its getting update. Any idea, is there any limitation to update child records in some scenario. 
In action type I am selecting update records and then in Select a Record to Update I can see child object suffixed with __r, then I am selecting the column and assigning the required value but its not working.
Same scenario I applied for another object and its working fine.
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Anoop,

Check below reference to update child records using  Process Builder

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000340089&type=1&mode=1

Thanks,
Anoop HadaAnoop Hada
Hi Vinay,

Thanks for sharing the link, what I got from the link is that we need to stop child objects getting updated again and again. For this it is suggested to use Activity Custom Field and then use it in custom objects to check its value. I created the Activity Custom Field and then trying to use it in process builder with parent custom object but this field is not coming there. Do I need to do some configuration change so that this field gets visible in process builder. I have earlier not used the Activity fields earlier.
My scenario is as below, I have two custom objects A & B. B is child of A and have master detail relationship. Under A we can have multiple child records of type B. I am building a process builder on A to update one field on its every child record object of type B.

Regards,
Anoop
Erwin DavidErwin David
Click the 'Object' Picklist, then select the Account record that started your process and select a record related to the Account: Note: These records are radio buttons, and only one may be selected. To update child records, select the send option 'Select a record related to the Account' NomNom (https://www.nomnomnow.one/)
Anoop HadaAnoop Hada
Thanks Erwin, this is the same thing I am trying but its not updating the child records. So want to know do I need to take care of anything extra.