function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Meenakshi Das 9Meenakshi Das 9 

If I will not use my salesforce instance for a week then it will be dead(Inactive)?

AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Meenakshi, 

The short answer is no it will not become inactive

Please review the details below to learn more about the lifecycle of a trial organization and what will happen to expired, on hold, or locked organizations.

Trial organizations

• All trials have an expiration date (generally this is the 30-day free trial provided to you by Salesforce). 
  • After the expiration date, the status of the organization is updated to HOLD.
  • During the HOLD period, you can still login but will be directed to the "Buy Me Page."
  • The organization will be in the HOLD status for 30 days.
  • After the 30 day HOLD period ends, the status will update to DELETED.
  • Once the organization's status is marked DELETED, you will no longer be able to login to your Account.

For active organizations

• After an active or paid subscription with Salesforce expires or is terminated, the organization is placed in the LOCKED status. While the organization is LOCKED, you will be unable to access your Account.
  • Active or paid organizations have a 120-day grace period in the LOCKED status. Salesforce retains your organization data during this 120-day period as a courtesy.
  • Once the 120-day period lapses, the organization will be marked as DELETED and flagged for deletion. You will no longer be able to retrieve data past this point.
Reference: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000331928&type=1&mode=1

Let me know if this helps, if it does, please mark this answer as best so that others facing the same issue will find this information useful. Thank you