function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
neta montianoneta montiano 

Process Builders - HELP :)

Hi can someone please help me with the question?

"When Contact's object records are updated, "Number of Updates" field will be updated as the following: The field should count the number of clicks on the "save" button in a specific Contact record.
Meaning that on every update, 1 will be added to the field's last value. For example: Number of Updates = 5 After Saving the Contact's record: Number of Updates = 6, and so on."

THANK YOU :)
ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Neta,

I don't think you would be needing a process builder to do so, I think you can simply use a workflow rule that updates a field when there is change in the value of the fields:

Reference: https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/129080/count-number-of-times-a-record-has-been-edited

You can create a custom number field and set the default value to zero. Then create a WFR. Your formula would look something like this

OR(
ISCHANGED(Field1__c),
ISCHANGED(Field2__c),
ISCHANGED(Field3__c),
ISCHANGED(Field4__c),
ISCHANGED(Field5__c),
ISCHANGED(Field6__c),
ISCHANGED(Field7__c),
ISCHANGED(Field8__c),
ISCHANGED(Field9__c),
ISCHANGED(Field10__c)
)
Then you create an immediate action of a field update. And your formula for the field update would be

Your_Custom_Number_Field__c + 1
This increases your number field by 1 each time your custom field is changed to a non null value.

You can add other fields in the criteria using OR condition

Additionally, I would suggest you to check this thread as well as this seems to have a similar usecase: https://trailblazers.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000gvW9AAI

Let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.  

Thanks.
ravi soniravi soni
Hy neta,
you can do one thing, create a new field countOfUpdate__c with 0 default value in your contact  object. and create a process builder  on contact object.
I did on account object and i had dummy field accountRating.
you can follow with following fields.

Step-1

User-added image
Step-2
User-added image

Step - 3
User-added image

Most of things- don't forget to active this process.
let me know, if it helps you and marking it as best.
Thank you