function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nitin Sharma 421Nitin Sharma 421 

The Best Too to use to do Apex Develepment.

Hi All,

I have used Developer console and Eclipse to do developement work.I know that Eclipse is gone and am not at all happy with developer console .....Can somebody tell me the best tool to do devlopement work in Salesforce.?...I have read a bit about code builder and as per salesforce it has all the advanced features which helps in speed up coding....Can somebody please advice about  the  best,latest and easy to use tool offered by salesforce?...Please suggests experienced programmers.
Thanks,
Andrew GAndrew G
Hi

Currently I use Webstorm with the Illuminated Cloud plugin.  There is a cost associated with both (annual subscription), but I consider them a good combination to use for development and IDE management.  

In the past I have used Maven's Mate with the Sublime plugin.  Mavens Mate is no longer supported by it's developer but last i checked was still a free product.

I always found Eclipse to be clunky when I used it in the past.  And my first interactions with VS Code were not particularly positive.  

I have not used nor played with the SF Code Builder option.  But given that at any moment in time I may be logged into several different Orgs, I wonder how good it's awareness of where i want I'm currently working given it seems to be web based and therefore I guess running off the logged in user account.

regards
Andrew

ps. i've been coding Apex et al since 2013, so maybe i have a little experience