function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Greg FinzerGreg Finzer 

How to create a ListView with Inline Editing for Related Object?

I have a custom object called Renovation and a child object called Renovation Element. I want to create a ListView on the Renovation Lightning Page with inline editing enabled that has a list of the Renovation Elements. The Renovation Element custom object is not available to be chosen in the Object Drop Down List when creating the list view. Why is that? How do I create a New List View of Renovation Elements that are related to the Renovation? FYI, I have Inline Editing enabled and also enhanced lists enabled in the org.
Best Answer chosen by Greg Finzer
Bryan Leaman 6Bryan Leaman 6
If I'm understanding the situation correctly, I believe you cannot add a list view for the Renovation Elements because they don't have a tab associated with them, which is at least partly because they're not intended to be worked with independently from the master Renovation object.

Salesforce's list view lightning component is not designed to limit the records to those with a specific parent. (But what an awesome idea!)

So I expect you'll be stuck with just having to choose the edit action off a related list of Renovation Elements instead. (Look for the Related List - Single component.)