function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vijay kumar kvijay kumar k 

how to share report sub folders to public groups in Lightning

I have 4 public groups and i have one report folder with 4 report subfolders. Here i'm unable to give access to different levels with different groups. I mean out of 4 groups access only one of the subfolder. In lightning, share shows  access all subfolders at a time .How could i give them to this type of permissions
Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Vijay,

Greetings to you!

According to Salesforce release notes (https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/summer18/release-notes/rn_rd_folders_organize.htm):

You can only share the root folder. Subfolders inherit sharing properties from the root folder. To share folders with other users, you need Manage access.

Folder sharing is only at the root level. If you want to share a subfolder, you’ve gotta share its root folder. Everyone can see who has access to a subfolder, but if you want to change the sharing settings, you can do that at the root level. 

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas