function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sam EpsteinSam Epstein 

Updated Current Record with Flow from Guided Action List

Hi Community!

So I made a flow for closing a feedback case that works as a standard lightning component. However, when I put the flow in as part of a guided action list. The flow runs but doesn't update anything.

I noticed that this iw why the standard version works is because of this check mark where I pass my feedbackcaseID variable as the recordID:

User-added image

What would be the best way to grab the current record ID in my flow so that I can run it through the guided action list?

More than happy to attach screenshots of my current flow if that helps.

Thank you all this would be amazing if I can get this solved!!

Best Answer chosen by Sam Epstein
Naveen KNNaveen KN
Hi Sam, 

When you work with the guided action list, flow is having the capability to get the current record Id with the variable. Consider you are in a case screen and if you want to get id of the case in the flow, then create a variable 'recordId' in the flow and use it for your functionality. make note that the variable name is case sensitive. 

codengine.in
Please let me know if you are looking for something different. 

Naveen
Team codengine.in

All Answers

Akash Choudhary 19Akash Choudhary 19
Hi Folks,

With the change in the picklist values i need to show the reports associated with the pivklist values. Is it possible in lightning. Picklist is in one component and reports will show in one component. How to talk between custom to standard components?
Naveen KNNaveen KN
Hi Sam, 

When you work with the guided action list, flow is having the capability to get the current record Id with the variable. Consider you are in a case screen and if you want to get id of the case in the flow, then create a variable 'recordId' in the flow and use it for your functionality. make note that the variable name is case sensitive. 

codengine.in
Please let me know if you are looking for something different. 

Naveen
Team codengine.in

This was selected as the best answer