function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kevin WinnKevin Winn 

System Admin - Unable to create connected app

Not sure this belongs in this category but couldn't find one that seemed more applicable.

My user is assigned to the standard System Admin profile.  When I try to create a connected app I get a message indicating 'insufficient privileges'.

I reached out to support and they directed me towards this board.  
  • I've tried creating a custom permission set and assigning all of the necessary system level permissions to my user but that didn't have any impact on the outcome.
  • In a sandbox, I removed all of the custom permission sets we have thinking maybe there was some glitch from overlapping settings; no impact on the outcome
  • I've tried switching from Lightning back to classic UI; don't have the button to create a connected app from that ui.  At least with lightning it is there, it just won't work for me
  • I tried cloning the system admin profile and then assigning that to my user however I cannot change the profile assigned to my user.
I'm not really sure how or why this is a 'development issue' as SF support states, however if anyone could shed some light on how to resolve this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Best Answer chosen by Kevin Winn
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Kevin,

Sorry for this issue you are facing.

We faced a similar issue in the past, it turned out our organization didn't have the "Connected Apps" feature enabled. If you open a new ticket with support saying "Please enable the Connected Apps feature for our organization [org ID]" then they should be able to do it for you if indeed that's the problem in your case.

In our situation, our organization had been recently upgraded from a much lower edition of Salesforce to Lightning Enterprise Sales + Service. We think the upgrading/re-grading was the problem; apparently, this feature does not get enabled automatically. 

Thanks,
Nagendra

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Kevin,

Sorry for this issue you are facing.

We faced a similar issue in the past, it turned out our organization didn't have the "Connected Apps" feature enabled. If you open a new ticket with support saying "Please enable the Connected Apps feature for our organization [org ID]" then they should be able to do it for you if indeed that's the problem in your case.

In our situation, our organization had been recently upgraded from a much lower edition of Salesforce to Lightning Enterprise Sales + Service. We think the upgrading/re-grading was the problem; apparently, this feature does not get enabled automatically. 

Thanks,
Nagendra
This was selected as the best answer
Kevin WinnKevin Winn

Hi Nagendra,

I found this exact same response to this issue on another post so looks like this isn't the first time someone has bumped into this issue or the first time you have provided the right guidance.  Thanks for sharing.

As for this issue,  I'm more disappointed with the response of support.  They should be aware of this issue and look to see if the feature is enabled when someone reports it instead of immediately writing it off as a 'developer issue' and saying it isn't their problem.

I reached out to support yesterday and asked them to check on this and it is exactly the issue; the feature was disabled for our org.  They have now escalated it and I am waiting to be notified when they have completed that task.

It is sad that it took 5 days to get here.