function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Louis DauvoisLouis Dauvois 

external object heroku matching

I'm trying to connect my existing database with salesforce via heroku connect. I was able to synchronize the two solutions.

However, I wanted to know how to do complex matching.

First I would like to create lead / account / opportunity from my other application, I have synchronized my objects however I don't know what is the right method for this type of problem.

For example, I have in my existing application a companies table and a company_contacts table, I would obviously like to link my company to my custom object account as well as create leads for each new contact from my company_contacts table and that they keep their relationships.

Do you have any examples on this kind of use case? Is this the right way to synchronize my salesforce with my existing database? Knowing that I have thought of another much less pretty solution the RULES of postgres in order to fold on the salesforces tables the changes made on my existing base.

Boris FrankBoris Frank
Hi! I use Skyvia (https://skyvia.com/data-integration/integrate-salesforce-heroku-postgres) to sync Salesforce and Heroku Postgres without coding. Skyvia will track changes in the synchronized data sources and update data automatically.