function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Wenda McMahanWenda McMahan 

New Flow Builder: how do I add multiple record choices to a collection variable?

Since the new Flow Builder interface has replaced the previous Cloud Flow tool, I do not know how to get my record choices into a collection variable. The previous tricks - using a parser such as those created by David Litton or Rakesh Gupta - either no longer work, or I don't know how to use them properly.

I need my users to be able to select multiple records from a set of record choices and then to process each record (not just the first one!) by adding them to a collection variable that I can then loop through.

Does anyone know how to do this in the NEW Flow Builder? Thank you!

Deepali KulshresthaDeepali Kulshrestha
Hi Wenda,

I suggest you go through this link, it will help you:

And scroll up to - Get Multiple Records and Loop-Through Them

https://admin.salesforce.com/getting-started-with-the-new-flow-builder

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepali Kulshrestha
Wenda McMahanWenda McMahan

I appreciate the reply, @Deepali Kulshrestha. However, the issue that I'm having is not addressed by the videos. I know how to query for records. I know how to look through a record collection.

The question I have is as follows: How do I use a record choice to provide a list of choices for my user and capture their *selections* as records (not just IDs) into a record collection variable?

I can capture ONE record with the record choice element. I can even capture all the IDs of the choices in a string. How do I get that string of IDs into a record collection of each record that has an ID in that string (or some other was to accomplish my question in the above paragraph)?

Thank you for the link, but I'm not a novice at flow. I just don't know how to do this, that I was previously able to do with Cloud Flow.