function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michael PalmaMichael Palma 

Visualforce pages vs Community pages

I'm trying to understand how Visualforce pages and Community pages are being used by customers.

We'd like to use Salesforce to create public facing sites where we can dictate the look and feel as well as access our custom SF objects. Basically use Salesforce as a back-end and front end framework.

Is Visualforce pages the way to go? I've read that you can leverage lightning components within Visualforce pages. Is that standard practice? Are Visualforce pages an older standard that will be eventually replaced by lightning? Also, how does Community pages come into play here.
Deepali KulshresthaDeepali Kulshrestha
Hi Michael,

As far as I understand the first part of your question asks about community vs vf page. As far as the community is concerned it is more like a predefined page you don't need to know much coding for it but as far as vf page is concerned you must have a good knowledge of coding skills. As far as functionalities are concerned both perform the same. Further, community pages take less time to make. Coming to the second part of your question, preferring lightning components over vf page will benefit you somewhere for sure. Most of the developers are trained well in lightning so you will also proper workforce.

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepali Kulshrestha