function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ravi_SFDCRavi_SFDC 

Managed and Unmanaged Packages

Hi
I have created a Managed and Unmanaged packages and trying to access the URL provided while creating the packages and seeing the below issues

Managed Packages - When I am trying to access the URL and install the same package in a different account I am getting the below error
Package Not Found
The requested package doesn't yet exist or has been deleted. If this is a recently created package version, please try again in a few minutes or contact the package publisher. 

Unmanaged Packages
 - When I am trying to access the URL and install the same package in a different account I am getting the below error
This app can't be installed.
There are problems that prevent this package from being installed.

Package Not Found. User-added imageThe requested package doesn't yet exist or has been deleted. If this is a recently created package version, please try again in a few minutes or contact the package publisher.​​​​​​​

Your help would be really appreciated. .

Best Answer chosen by Ravi_SFDC
Dushyant SonwarDushyant Sonwar
Also please make sure that you are not creating a beta as that package cannot be installed in production.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000004987&type=1

Hope this helps.

All Answers

Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Ravi,

Greetings to you!

I tried to research your problem and found that this is a known issue which is showing as fixed. But according to Salesforce update, it is possible that your organization received the same error message. The main fix has been identified already and R&D is working on it.

If you are still receiving the "This app can't be installed" error message, please create a case with support with the following information: 

1. Org ID where the package is being installed 
2. Login access of the org ID above 
3. Package Install Link if possible 
4. Org ID where the package was created

https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p30000000eQVzAAM&title=unable-to-install-package-due-to-error-of-not-found

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas
Could you post the Installation URL of the package , that would help other to resolve your issue

Meanwhile , you can check for package version whether it is deprecated or not.
Ravi_SFDCRavi_SFDC
Hi Dushyant,

Please find the installation URL of the package - https://login.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t0I000000v5K7

No, the package version is not deprecated.

Ravi_SFDCRavi_SFDC
Thank you Khan, will check and get back to you.
Also please make sure that you are not creating a beta as that package cannot be installed in production.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000004987&type=1

Hope this helps.
This was selected as the best answer
Ravi_SFDCRavi_SFDC
Hi Dushyant,

Thank you for the valuable info. But that is defaulting coming as 1.0 (Beta 1), how can we remove that, can you please suggest.
Ravi_SFDCRavi_SFDC
Hi Dushyant,

As we can only create one Managed Package in a Developer ORG, can we deprecate the created Managed package, recreate it and deploy. Do suggest.
Ravi_SFDCRavi_SFDC
Hi Dushyant,

When I am trying to rebuild the Managed pack I can see the below

Managed - Released: use when you are ready to publish to AppExchange. Note: you will not be able to edit some properties after release. Tell me more - But I can't publish this on AppExchange bcos I don't have a Partner Community account. 

Managed - Beta: use to test and validate this package internally and with selected customers before release. Note: this type of package can only be installed in Developer Edition, sandbox organizations, or testing organizations for registered partners.

Please do suggest. 

Thanks & Regards
Ravi
You have to choose manage released to create manage package to install in any production org. By default , beta will be selected in release types.

User-added imagehope this may have answered your query.
You can deprecate the package version such as 1.2, 1.3 etc but not whole entire package. Though , You can reupload the package with another version number 
Ravi_SFDCRavi_SFDC
Hi Dushyant,

Manage released I am working now and it is going good. Regarding the package version, I will work on this and will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you very much for all the valuable info.
Thanks Ravi , I am happy that you find the info valuable :)