function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Uday MenkurkarUday Menkurkar 

Parent Record is not being pre-populated when creating Child Record

Hello Salesforce Community,
I need some help.  I notice the following problem in Lightening ONLY.  No problem in Classic.  Similar to parent-child relationship between Account and Contact objects, I've similar relationship between two custom objects "PP_Deal" (parent) and "Tranche" (child).  In Salesforce Classic, when I create a new Tranche record for an existing PP_Deal record, I see that the associated parent record information (i.e. PP_Deal number) is pre-populated.  Works fine, no problem.  In Lightening, however, the parent record information is not pre-populated.  When clicked on the field, I see a list parent IDs to choose from.  I was hoping, it would similar to Classic.  What am I missing?
Ravi Dutt SharmaRavi Dutt Sharma
Are you creating the record from the "Related" tab? If yes, then it should automatically populate the parent record.
Uday MenkurkarUday Menkurkar
Yes, I'm creating it from "Related", but the parent record does not populate automatically.  Not sure why.  It is not record specific.  It does not happen for any record of "PP_Dea" object.  I've attached a screenshot.User-added image