function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vinay SalveVinay Salve 

lightning platform - api basics

Hi Team

While doing the lightning platform - api basics trailhead under SOAP API, I am getting the following error

Login Failed, snapshot attached
SOAP API

Request all to kindly assist, thanks

Vinay Kumar Salve
Best Answer chosen by Vinay Salve
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Vinay,

Sorry for this issue you are facing.

From the above image attached it's saying that the username and password is incorrect, or you might not have appended the security token to the username/password.

May I suggest you please logout of all your accounts and login once again, then reset your security token and go ahead with the process, which should probably do the trick for you.

Steps
Do one of the following:
  • If you have a regular Salesforce account, go to Setup > My Personal Information > Reset Security Token.
  • If you have a Salesforce developer account, from the home page, go to Manage Users > Users > click your name > Change password > Reset Security Token.
  • This triggers an email which contains your security token.
  • Select and copy the token from the email.
  • Now login to soap UI
  • In the username field enter your username
  • In the password field replace your Salesforce password with a combination of the password and the security token. For example, if your password is "MyPassword" and your security token is "XXXXXX", you would enter "MyPasswordXXXXXX" in the Password field.
Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Vinay,

Sorry for this issue you are facing.

From the above image attached it's saying that the username and password is incorrect, or you might not have appended the security token to the username/password.

May I suggest you please logout of all your accounts and login once again, then reset your security token and go ahead with the process, which should probably do the trick for you.

Steps
Do one of the following:
  • If you have a regular Salesforce account, go to Setup > My Personal Information > Reset Security Token.
  • If you have a Salesforce developer account, from the home page, go to Manage Users > Users > click your name > Change password > Reset Security Token.
  • This triggers an email which contains your security token.
  • Select and copy the token from the email.
  • Now login to soap UI
  • In the username field enter your username
  • In the password field replace your Salesforce password with a combination of the password and the security token. For example, if your password is "MyPassword" and your security token is "XXXXXX", you would enter "MyPasswordXXXXXX" in the Password field.
Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra

This was selected as the best answer
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
You need to use the user name and password + security token in the user name and password place 

in case of 

<urn:username>  user name </urn:username> 

<urn:password> YOURPASSWORD +SECURITY TOKEN TOGETHER >< urn:password>

lets say passworkd 1234545
and security token is -ahsdjhasjd

your password will be 1234545ahsdjhasjd
Vinay SalveVinay Salve
Hi Nagendra and Raj,

Thanks for your reply, does security token means, the answer for your security question?

Thanks
Vinay Kumar Salve
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
No ..  When you access Salesforce from an IP address that’s outside your company’s trusted IP range using a desktop client or the API, you need a security token to log in. A security token is a case-sensitive alphanumeric code that you append to your password or enter in a separate field in a client application. 
  • From your personal settings, enter Reset in the Quick Find box, then select Reset My Security Token.
  • Click Reset Security Token. The new security token is sent to the email address in your Salesforce personal settings.
  • Use this along with the password 

User-added image

you have to use the token from email 

User-added image
Tirupathirao Patnala 1Tirupathirao Patnala 1
Hey
While doing the lightning platform - API basics trailhead under SOAP API, I am getting the following error

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns="urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
   <soapenv:Header>
      <LimitInfoHeader>
         <limitInfo>
            <current>202</current>
            <limit>15000</limit>
            <type>API REQUESTS</type>
         </limitInfo>
      </LimitInfoHeader>
   </soapenv:Header>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <createResponse>
         <result>