function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ethanoneethanone 

Delete certain feed items automatically

I have a custom object Request__c ("Request") and a custom child object Request_Activity__c ("Request Activity"). A Request Activity is created via autolaunched Flow whenever the Request status is updated (with the goal of logging all the status changes).

Each time a Request Activity is created, a Feed Items is created by the system. These feed items are noise - I don't need or want them, but I do want other feed items created for other related records such as Notes, so I can't just turn off related feed tracking.

I created a second flow that deletes the Request Activity Feed Item as soon as its created (platform event). I'm finding this Request Activity Feed Item using the parent id and the Request Activity Id.

This works for me as the administrator, but not for other users and it causes a Flow error "FeedItem requires a filter by Id" (even when run in system context). How can I resolve this error or how can I delete these Request Activity feed items some other way?
SuredreamSuredream
Are there any other changes you want to track as part of feed? If not may be you can turn off feed tracking on this object altogether.