function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ross McLeod 3Ross McLeod 3 

Salesforce to salesforce integration and mapping

Hi All

Apologies in advance for the lengthy post, but I'm looking for some advice on how best to integrate two salesforce orgs and without the requirement it might be difficult to give advice. 

We are going to be using one which was built by a 3rd party as a recruitment platform for both temp and perm roles and another which is a job scheduling tool built by a different 3rd party which we have already integrated our current front office system with.

We will need to integrate the new salesforce platform with the job scheduleing org. The basic requirement would be that an action performed in the recruitment platform will send an applicant over to the job scheduler and from then on keep them in sync. I.e. if the candidates name is changed it will automatically flow through to the job scheduler.

One other thing to consider is that there are custom objects in each system which are the same but have different names and different named fields so there is mapping to be done.

It is only required that the data flows one way from the recruitment platform to the scheduler. We do not need changes made to the applicant there to be reflected back.  

There seems to be a number of different ways orgs can be connected.

1. Salesforce Connect - seems to be a possibility but that would tightly couple the systems and I'm not sure if you can take a contact from one org and generate a contact in the other using this?

2. Can triggers be used to pick up on changes and then update the other org, but I'm not sure if API calls can be made from a trigger

3. Something like Jitterbit, or Heroku to pick up on changes?

4. We are already pulling changes from the org using triggers to populate an export table. We can piggy back off that and send using the API.

Basically I would like to know what other people have done to integrate two platforms to accomplish our needs and what thoughts are there on which way is best practive!

Any help and advice on this would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Ross
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Ross,

Greetings!

Salesforce to Salesforce connection is to share records and get updated data on shared records which will be suitable for your requirement without any additional APIs.

So,can you please refer the below article which will guide you to setup S2S connection.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=business_network_intro.htm&type=5

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as best answer so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri