function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Robert Hueting 5Robert Hueting 5 

Can we have Dev Team help to delete Archived Products

We are in the project development phase and we need to delete our product data from a new sync with the product cataloge. We need archived products deleted as the external id is the same. No other data now links to the archived products. I beleive the salesforce development team can execute a script to do this. Salesfroce Support asked me to raise the case on Developor Forum as we not a premium partner.
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Robert,

If the product is not linked to any opportunity record it will be directly deleted, but as it was associated with the record and we don't want to mess with old opportunities that used this product so it will make as archived instead.

Review below link which says the operation is not reversible.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000336276&type=1&mode=1

Also kindly vote on below Idea link for 'Ability to delete archived products'.

https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000aeK0AAI

Hope above information was helpful.

Please mark as Best Answer so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks,
Vinay Kumar
The product is no longer linked to any other records. We now need it permanently deleted (instead of archived). We need to add new products with the same external ID and currently can’t do that as they match the archived record. This was a request for help from the Salesforce Developer team as I believe they have the tools to remove archived records if needed. It is a new instance we need to complete the product load a 2nd time. Thanks, Robert
Hi Robert,

I understand your concern,  However, this is product limitation and you cannot add new products with the same external id references.

Kindly vote on the above Idea link.

Thanks,
Vinay Kumar
Hi Vinay Thanks for your reply. We should be able to control data in our instance? I would also be ok if we could restore the product and then we could remove any references to it. We currently have an instance that we can’t reload our products on. Does Salesforce have a way we can delete our data and start afresh? Just keeping the config? Kind Regards, Robert Hueting | +44 1494 216185 | +44 7736 073333
Hi Robert,

As per documentation clearly states 'This operation is not reversible' and we cannot restore the archived products so you might need to think of alternate approach with the new external id references.

I would request you to vote on the above Idea link so that this feature will be made available in the coming releases.

Thanks,
Vinay Kumar