function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sarita Pa 3Sarita Pa 3 

Invoke Flow on Field update instead of Record Update

Hi All,
Good Day.
Could you help me to invoke a FLOW on a FIELD update NOT on RECORD update as I trying to do unnecessary checks..

Example:
Account Object : First Name, Last Name, Address
Address Object: record Inserted only on Address updated not on any other update.

Triggers, PE, Process Builders will be invoked for every update and checks if the address field is updated or not. I am trying to avoid this and looking to invoke on the update of particular field, similar to other Databases like (DB2,Oracle).

Appreciate your suggestions on this.

Thank you

Best Answer chosen by Sarita Pa 3
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sarita,

Greetings!

Unfortunately,we can't invoke/fire a flow/process based on the field update without checking for the record update.

As you mentioned,we can fire the flow if the record gets created/edited and then you can put the condition if the field ISCHANGED=true then it will fire and update the records.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as best answer so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri

All Answers

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sarita,

Greetings!

Unfortunately,we can't invoke/fire a flow/process based on the field update without checking for the record update.

As you mentioned,we can fire the flow if the record gets created/edited and then you can put the condition if the field ISCHANGED=true then it will fire and update the records.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as best answer so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
This was selected as the best answer
Sarita Pa 3Sarita Pa 3
Thank you Shirisha