function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sangeet kaseraSangeet kasera 

How to manage Custom Setting data from Community at user level

I have Created one custom setting with email digest feature which sends a mail to user through batch classes as per record value stored.

For Ex- If Internal user stores as Email Digest Daily then he would get mail daily, and if he selects as weekly then he get mail weekly for record update, which is working for perfect for Internal user.

I am mangaging(storing) custom setting data for user from apex class.
User-added image
But this data is stored at org level, means if internal user saves email digest value as daily then this is applied for every user.

I want to change update this custom setting data at user level by which i can set the schedular as per user want.

If Suppose any uesr wants mail to daily then he got mail daily record update and if any one wants weekly then it got.
Best Answer chosen by Sangeet kasera
Nitin ShyamnaniNitin Shyamnani
There are possible two solutions 

1st:

You can create a configuration object where fields will be: User, picklist (so we can save a record with User and picklist option, ie. daily, monthly)

2nd :

You can ask users to create multiple records of custom setting as per their need and then we can pick user by CreatedById field to identify the preferences of that particular user

I think 1st option will more easy to implement and less complex