function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Musadul IslamMusadul Islam 

I like to use a custom object's field values as options for another custom object's multi select picklist field. How can I do this? Any kind of suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Musadul,

Greetings!

If you would like to get the picklist fields of one custom Object and use it as Multi picklist field on some other Object then,you might have to use the VF page and query the picklist field Object A and make them as Multi picklist field for Object B which is difficult to implement and need controller as well.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as best answer so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
Musadul IslamMusadul Islam
@Shirisha, Thank you for your nice solution. I'm trying to find out a solution in lightning. I don't like to switch to VF page. 
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Musadul,

In that case,you would need to create the lightning component in which you will have to get the field of the Object A and try to use the values on other Object B.

Also,it is not possible to query the metadata If you would like to get the Field instead of the field values.

Thank you!