function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Devid JohnDevid John 

campaignInfluence trigger is not getting fired when populate primary campaign source on opportunity

I have enabled 'Campaign Influence" in my org and using 
Primary Campaign Source Model as default model and trying to get how this default model works to populate campaign influence records.

To undestand this I have created trigger on CampaignInfluence because after enabling Campaign Influence setting when we populate primary campaign source lookup on opportunity then it automatically create  CampaignInfluence records based on auto association configurations.

trigger CampaignInfluenceInsert on CampaignInfluence (before insert,after insert,before update,after update, before delete,after delete, after undelete) {
    system.debug('@@@@@CampaignInfluenceInsert=>');

I just want to that how this default "Primary Campaign Source Model" works to populate campaign influence records because we have to use  different behaviours that determines for the assignment of campaign influence so we can use more influence rather than using a primary influence

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Devid,

Greetings!

I would suggest you to go through this blog (https://classic.certifiedondemand.com/salesforce-com-certified-administrator/sales-cloud/understanding-salesforce-campaign-influence/#:~:text=Campaign%20Influence%20allows%20marketers%20to,type%20%E2%80%9CCampaigns%20with%20Influenced%20Opportunities%E2%80%9D) which will help you to know more details like what is Campaign Influence and how it works.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as best answer so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri