function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Zoe FanZoe Fan 

Records sharing

Hello all,

We have set up a custom object called "Payment Profiles" and master-detail relationship with Opportunity. i.e. Payment Profiles are child of Opportunity. On the Payment Profile, there is an account lookup field called "Counterparty".

We have also set up a custom object called "Financial Highlights" and master-detail relationship with Account. i.e. Financial Highlights are child of Account.

Question: How can we share all the "Financial Highlights" of an account which are the "Counterparty" of the payment profiles of a shared opportunity to a Partner? A detailed relationship chart is attached. We want to share the records in green to a partner without sharing the account record (blue).
I have made a similar data strcuture on My TrailHead Playground 1 so not sure if you can take a look.

Am open to any idea. Personally am not an expert of coding but can read some if easy to modify. Alternatively would be great if there may be some settings we can change. e.g. change the master-detail relationship to lookup relationship, etc.

Thank you all!Data Structure
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Zoe,

For all the Trailhead issues please report it here,

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/help?support=home#

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/help

So that our trailhead support engineers will look into it and get back to you.

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Regards,
​​​​​​​Salesforce Support.
Zoe FanZoe Fan
Hi Abhishek, 

Thanks for your prompt response.

This is not Trailhead issues. This is about issue on my production environment that I would like to share the specific "Financial Highlights" records to my partners on the community. Can you help with this?

Thanks.
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Zoe thanks for the response.

Above you have mentioned the same behavior in trailhead too.

That's why to get conformation you can reach to trailhead team.
Zoe FanZoe Fan
Hi Abhishek,

I meant I replicated the issue on this environment:
resourceful-panda-f9uy9v.com

I have submitted a case on Salesforce Help as well but not so useful as of now.
Zoe FanZoe Fan
So 1 payment profiles has only 1 account (Counterparty). And 1 account can have multiple payment profiles referenced to it. Also 1 account can have multiple financial highlights (for different years).

Or are we able to show the list of Financial Highights under the payment profiles or opportunity?