function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dhanasekar KDhanasekar K 

I need to add startURL parameter in reset password mail (Community User)!!!

I need to add startURL parameter in reset password mail (Community User)
After successfull password reset i want to redirect custom url instead of homepage of community. 
Can we achieve this by adding startURL parameter in password reset mail?
Note: I dont want to go with customize password reset screen.
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

When enabling a contact as a Partner User, an email link is sent out to the community user to reset their password. If a user has an API ONLY USER permission enabled in Profile or Permission Set, the URL redirects the user to login page instead of redirecting to the reset password page

Follow the steps as mentioned in the below article,

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000350821&language=en_US&mode=1&type=1

I hope you find the above information is helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks.

Dhanasekar KDhanasekar K
Thanks for your response @abhishek!!! The problem is here like both community have same profile. There is a custom field in user object, Based on the field we can assume that the user related to which community. So i need different activation journey for both community. Please let me know if its not clear.,
That's clear Sekhar.

Sorry I suspect the above requirement is not possible.
Dhanasekar KDhanasekar K
Can we add startURL to reset password mail so that it will redirect after successfull password set. I hope If there is no startURL parameter it will redirect to homepage of community. If we have startURL parameter then it will redirect to custom page. Please coreect me if I am wrong.,
Sekhar sounds like a plan but I haven't tried that so apologies I don't know whether it will work or not.
Shubham Bhise 8Shubham Bhise 8

Hi,

You can create a custom field in User object and use it in email template which is going to send when password is getting is reset.
Use custom field as merge field in your email template.

{!Community_Url}&retURL={!Receiving_User.Last_visited_url__c}

If a target url is static then no need to create any custom field just add some url there.

{!Community_Url}&retURL=/PortalDomain/Somepageurl