function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
minal Shah 8minal Shah 8 

Hi Team, Can you suggest what are the limitations for salesforce email relay

For example if my company domain id having a heavy rules for various restriction , how would  email flow from salesforce will behave
Best Answer chosen by minal Shah 8
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

An Email Relay uses an email server to send emails that originated elsewhere. System administrators can set up Email Relay by entering Email Relays into the Quick Find search box, and selecting Email Relays.

Activating email relaying will not remove the limits on mass email.

The salesforce.com email servers still process the email and thus the bulk load is still on SFDC side. Once processed the email is then passed (or relayed) to your email server before sending it.
These limits are enforced so that the load does not become too large for SFDC servers to handle and cause performance issues for other customers.

For your reference, you can check the below article,

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=limitations_email_mass.htm

I hope you find the above information is helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks.

All Answers

AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

An Email Relay uses an email server to send emails that originated elsewhere. System administrators can set up Email Relay by entering Email Relays into the Quick Find search box, and selecting Email Relays.

Activating email relaying will not remove the limits on mass email.

The salesforce.com email servers still process the email and thus the bulk load is still on SFDC side. Once processed the email is then passed (or relayed) to your email server before sending it.
These limits are enforced so that the load does not become too large for SFDC servers to handle and cause performance issues for other customers.

For your reference, you can check the below article,

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=limitations_email_mass.htm

I hope you find the above information is helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks.
This was selected as the best answer
minal Shah 8minal Shah 8
Thank you Abhishek!