function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andrey Brunenko 1Andrey Brunenko 1 

SSO authorize in Web Tab (iframe)

Hi everyone. I am new to Salesforce and I apologize for a question that many people will find trivial. I'm trying to integrate my website into salesforce. My website uses its authorization based on a username and password. You need to safely tell my server about the salesforce user so that I can register in my DB and perform authorization.

I was some way to configure the connected app in the identity provider with SAML & OAUTH. But I don't understand what to do with them from my app, which is located in the Lightning Component Tab. I learned how to use apex to get information about the current user, but I can't figure out how to call the connected app, which would tell my server about the user.

I hope for your help.

AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Connected Apps. A connected app is a framework that enables an external application to integrate with Salesforce using APIs and standard protocols, such as SAML, OAuth, and OpenID Connect. Connected apps use these protocols to authenticate, authorize, and provide single sign-on (SSO) for external apps.

Follow the steps as mentioned in the below blog,

https://www.miniorange.com/salesforce_as_idp_community_users

I hope you find the above information is helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks.