function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Diane RoyerDiane Royer 

Record Choice Set Not Populating

I recently set up an elaborate flow in our organization's sandbox. The flow is a screen flow and I am using Record Choice Sets for some of the drop downs on the screen element. In the sandbox, everything works great. However, when I move it to Production, suddenly the record choice sets are blank. I used the same criteria I used in the sandbox and I checked to make sure that records do match that criteria. The main difference is that the number of records in the set is going from 3 to about 40. I have no idea why it isn't working, let alone how to fix it. Does anyone have any ideas?
Someone suggested it might have something to do with the fact that our sandbox is on the Summer 20 release of Salesforce and our production instance will not get Summer 20 until mid-July.
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Daine,

Greetings!

Can you please try to debug the flow alone using sample data which meet the criteria for the record Choice set to check,if the issue is with the data or any other missing fields.

Also,have you deployed all the other dependent fields which are not available in your Production.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as best answer so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
Diane RoyerDiane Royer
I have tried to debug it many times.  The fields that I am using for criteria are visible and editable on the Contact object in Production.  I even set up a report in Production to see if the criteria worked in the report.  The report returned 40+ records.  I have verified that every field I use in my Record Choice set is visible and editable and has data in it.  I don't know what else to check.  I even tried adding another custom field and using that instead of my checkboxes.  That did not work either, the Record Choice Set still appeared blank.  It almost seems as though the flow is not recognizing any data in custom fields for the criteria.
Oh this is strange behavior.If you have FLS for the field that you have used in the flow then you should be able to get the value.

Can we try to capture the debug logs for both sandbox and production to compare what is the difference other than the data in both the orgs which might help you.

Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri

Diane RoyerDiane Royer
How do I capture the debug logs?  I don't get the usual emails because the flow does not "fail" because of the record choice set showing blank.
Please enable the debug logs using the doc (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=code_add_users_debug_log.htm&type=5) and do not forget to set the Workflow level to be finer to capture the complete execution.

Please enable them on your user record since you are the one who is trying to execute the flow.

Also,please check this document (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=process_troubleshoot_debuglogs.htm&type=5) which helps you to troubleshoot with the captured debug logs.

Along with this,I would suggest you to check,if there is any other automated process on the same Object which might be executing during this flow execution.If yes,then I would suggest you to test by in-activating the class or process to make sure the issue is not because of them.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as best answer so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri