function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Carolyn juliana 7Carolyn juliana 7 

How Do I Have a Report Types which combines with cases from 2 custom objects together

Hi Gurus,

So  the issue is that  i can only add 1 join table to Cases. 
 ex. Case Types but I want both CaseTypes and ERT Case Types joined to Cases so i can report on all at once

For cases I have 2 custom objects one is Case Types which is for Legacy case types  and for new case types i have another cusotm object called ERT Case types

When i Go to Reports>>New Report>>Choose Report Type i see 2 objects 

A) Case with Case Types and,
 B) Cases with ERT Case types
User-added image

Now when i got Setup>>Report types and when i try to create a new Report type and select primary as Cases 
 then it looks like looks like i can only have 1 B joined to A and not 2 Bs as shown below
User-added image

I need a report type such that to join  both CaseTypes and ERT Case Types joined to Cases so i can report on all at once

Regards,
Carolyn
Best Answer chosen by Carolyn juliana 7
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Carolyn,
Your ask seems similar to https://trailblazers.salesforce.com/answers?id=9063A000000lENmQAM . It does not seem to be possible to combine two custom objects in the report.

As mentioned in the link, is it possible to create a single object with 2 different record types?

Hope this helps you. Please mark this answer as best so that others facing the same issue will find this information useful. Thank you