function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sangeet kaseraSangeet kasera 

Conditional If is not working in StyleClass attribute of command button in Visualforce Page?

Hi,

I am using Conditional if condition in styleClass attribute of <apex:commandbutton> to render a button class as per value selected by picklist, but it is not working.

Below is my picklist and command button
 <div class="sortStyle11">
  <b style="margin-right: 8px;"> Sort by Relevance:</b>
    <apex:selectList size="1" value="{!pickvalueForSubsUnSubs}">
        <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!perform}" rerender="table1k"/>
        <apex:selectOption itemLabel="--None--" itemValue="--None--" ></apex:selectOption>
        <apex:selectOption itemLabel="Subscribed" itemValue="Subscribed" ></apex:selectOption>
        <apex:selectOption itemLabel="Unsubscribed" itemValue="Unsubscribed"></apex:selectOption>
        </apex:selectList>
       <apex:commandButton value="Search records" action="{!MassSubORUnSub}"  styleClass="{!IF(pickvalueForSubsUnSubs == '--None--','check', IF(pickvalueForSubsUnSubs == 'Unsubscribed','SubscribedClass', 'UnSubscribedClass'))}}" style="width: 153px;border-radius: 17px;line-height: 2;margin-left: 10px;"/>
</div>

Initally i want button to be hide and when  pickilst value is subscribed I want to rendered one UnSubscribedClass and same for another.

Regards,
Sangeet 

Best Answer chosen by Sangeet kasera
David Zhu 🔥David Zhu 🔥
You may use the following code as reference.

<style>
      .subscribedclass {
         color: red !important;
      }
      .unsubscribedclass {
         color: goldenrod !important;
      }
      .check {
         display: none !important;
      }
   </style>

<apex:form >
     <apex:outputPanel id="table1k">
                <apex:selectOption itemLabel="--None--" itemValue="--None--" ></apex:selectOption>
                <apex:selectOption itemLabel="Subscribed" itemValue="Subscribed" ></apex:selectOption>
                <apex:selectOption itemLabel="Unsubscribed" itemValue="Unsubscribed"></apex:selectOption>
           <apex:commandButton value="{!pickvalueForSubsUnSubs}" action="{!MassSubORUnSub}"  styleClass="{!If(pickvalueForSubsUnSubs = '--None--','check', if(pickvalueForSubsUnSubs='Subscribed','subscribedclass','unsubscribedclass'))}" style="width: 153px;border-radius: 17px;line-height: 2;margin-left: 10px;"/>
        </div>
     </apex:outputPanel>
  </apex:form>
One thing I noticed in your code,  the formula of style calss if sentence is incorrect. There was a extra } in the formula.
With the style, please make sure !important is added to each attribute when change apex:commandbutton style.

All Answers

David Zhu 🔥David Zhu 🔥
You may use the following code as reference.

<style>
      .subscribedclass {
         color: red !important;
      }
      .unsubscribedclass {
         color: goldenrod !important;
      }
      .check {
         display: none !important;
      }
   </style>

<apex:form >
     <apex:outputPanel id="table1k">
           <apex:commandButton value="{!pickvalueForSubsUnSubs}" action="{!MassSubORUnSub}"  styleClass="{!If(pickvalueForSubsUnSubs = '--None--','check', if(pickvalueForSubsUnSubs='Subscribed','subscribedclass','unsubscribedclass'))}" style="width: 153px;border-radius: 17px;line-height: 2;margin-left: 10px;"/>
        </div>
  </apex:form>
One thing I noticed in your code,  the formula of style calss if sentence is incorrect. There was a extra } in the formula.
With the style, please make sure !important is added to each attribute when change apex:commandbutton style.

This was selected as the best answer
Dear David,

I have used your code it is working fine, but now I have a issue with rerender id because i have 2 filter on page and i am rendering all values in page block table so it is giving duplicate id issue,
Will you please tell how I can solve this by adding your code, both filter need to be synced.

Below is my code for both filters-
<div class="slds-grid slds-wrap">
    <div class="slds-col slds-size_12-of-12">
        <apex:outputPanel id="table1"> 
                    <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!perform}" rerender="table1"/>
                <apex:commandButton value="{!If(pickvalueForSubsUnSubs = 'Subscribed','UnsubscribeAll', 'SubscribeAll')}" action="{!MassSubORUnSub}"  styleClass="{!If(pickvalueForSubsUnSubs = '--None--','check', if(pickvalueForSubsUnSubs='Subscribed','subscribedclass','unsubscribedclass'))}" style="width: 153px;border-radius: 17px;line-height: 2;margin-left: 10px;"/>
            </div>
            <div class="sortStyle">
                <apex:selectList size="1" value="{!subPickvalue}">
                    <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!perform}" rerender="table1"/>
                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="--None--" itemValue="--None--" html-selected="true" ></apex:selectOption>
                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="Recently Created" itemValue="createdDate" ></apex:selectOption>
                    <apex:selectOption itemLabel="Recently Modified" itemValue="lastModifiedDate"></apex:selectOption>
            </div>
    </div>
</div>
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!subsD}" var="srh" border="1" id="table1">
</apex:pageBlockTable>

Regards,
Sangeet
David Zhu 🔥David Zhu 🔥
You can change the second pageblocktable as:

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!subsD}" var="srh" border="1" id="table2">
</apex:pageBlockTable>

If you want to rerender both table1 and table2, change the rerender attribute of apex:actionSupport as below:

<apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!perform}" rerender="table1,table2"/>

David,

I have only one table but two filters are present-
1. Sort by Subscribed Record.
2. Sort by relevant
User-added image

When I sort with Subscribed record this need to filter out from table and and at same time button should popup for unsubscribed All
And for second sorting by relevant like with created date

Using both i am rerendering the pageblocktable first filter is having rerender="table1"  and same for another filter rerender="table1"

but you have added outputpanel with id="table1" for sorting same id is also present with pageblocktable.
So thats why it is giving Error as duplicate id.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Sangeet

David Zhu 🔥David Zhu 🔥
then change outputpanel id to table2
<apex:outputPanel id="table2">
and actionsuupport.
 <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!perform}" rerender="table2"/>