function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michael MMichael M 

Delegated administrator without access to metadata

Hello, we need to give access to a user to login as other users. However, we do not want them to be able to edit meta-data, and preferably we don't want them to be able to login as system administrators. 

I am trying to use the "delegated administrator" feature, however, I don't see how to give them the ability to login as other users without giving them the "modify all data" permission, but the problem is that gives them access to metadata. Is there any way around this? 
Best Answer chosen by Michael M
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Michael,

Greetings!

If you need some other user to login as other user then that user should have the Modify All Data permission which will allow the user to access the Metadata as well.

So,it is not possible to provide the login as user access without having the Modify All Data permission.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as best answer so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri

All Answers

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Michael,

Greetings!

If you need some other user to login as other user then that user should have the Modify All Data permission which will allow the user to access the Metadata as well.

So,it is not possible to provide the login as user access without having the Modify All Data permission.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as best answer so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
This was selected as the best answer
AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Michael, 

Unfortunately, that is not possible today as far as I know

There is an idea today https://trailblazer.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000keReAAI

Anudeep
Michael MMichael M
Thank you!