function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shanmugha Priya PalaniyappanShanmugha Priya Palaniyappan 

How to remove import button in account/contact object page for certain users based on their roles/profiles?

Best Answer chosen by Shanmugha Priya Palaniyappan
shaik murthujavalishaik murthujavali
To remove the Import Button on Accounts and Contacts Objects please DeSelect the "Import Personal Contacts / Import personal accounts and contacts."  on the Profile.
To remove it from a Custom Object please DeSelect "Import Custom Objects / Allows non-admin users to import Custom Objects using Data Import Wizard" on the Profile.

All Answers

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Shanmugha,

Greetings!

To remove "Import" button in Accounts and Contacts Objects List View for specific profile then you can: 
>>Remove "Import Personal Contacts" permission from App Permissions for the specific profile.

Reference:https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000352015&language=en_US&mode=1&type=1

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as best answer so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri

shaik murthujavalishaik murthujavali
To remove the Import Button on Accounts and Contacts Objects please DeSelect the "Import Personal Contacts / Import personal accounts and contacts."  on the Profile.
To remove it from a Custom Object please DeSelect "Import Custom Objects / Allows non-admin users to import Custom Objects using Data Import Wizard" on the Profile.
This was selected as the best answer
Shanmugha Priya PalaniyappanShanmugha Priya Palaniyappan
I have done the below. In profile, under 'General User Permission' section I have deselected the 'Import Personal Contacts'. It removed the Import button on Accounts/Contacts.