function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
StaciStaci 

render picklist based on related object record type

I have a custom object called Support Subscription.  I have a related object called Support Asset.  I have a VF page section on the Standard layout of the Support Subscription to add the support asset.  I need to have a product picklist in the support asset based on the record type of the related support subscription.  The subscription gets created and upon save the VF page portion shows up. 

Example:  If the subscription record type is reseller, i need the product picklist to be list 1 in the asset.  If the record type for the subscription is customer / dealer then the asset product picklist needs to be list 2. Here's the snippet of code:
<apex:panelGrid >

<apex:facet name="header">MineStar Product</apex:facet>

<apex:inputfield value="{!e1.asset.MineStar_Product__c}" style="width:200px" />

</apex:panelGrid>
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Staci,

Greetings!

As per the example scenario,this can be achieved by the formula field and you can create the section and display the fields using the VF page.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as best answer so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri