function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sara Massey 10Sara Massey 10 

I would like to distribute a flow from a visualforce page. However, the flow includes a 'file upload' component. Because flows launched from VF pages are in classic runtime

the file upload component is not an option (only for flows running in lightning runtime).  Are there any ways around this 'limitation'?  The classic runtime does not bother me, but not being able to use the file upload component in the flow launched by the VF page is the primary issue.  are there ways to upload documents in a classic runtime flow?

AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sara,

Depending on how the flow is distributed, users see either the Classic runtime or Lightning runtime UI when they run the flow. As its name suggests, Lightning runtime looks and feels like Lightning Experience.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=flow_distribute_runtime.htm&type=5

I hope you find the above information is helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks.

Sara Massey 10Sara Massey 10
thanks Abhishek.. I am launching the flow from a visualforce page, so there is no way around it - the users will see Classic runtime.  My flow is set up so that the user completes a few fields and then uploads a file during the flow.  Unfortunately, The file upload component used in Flows is only available with lightning runtime.  I am trying to find out if there is a different way to upload files in the classic runtime environment. 
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Sara I suspect there is no other way.