function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kent LichtyKent Lichty 

How to call Related List Quick Link from custom visualforce page

I am relatively new to Force.com programming, and I apologize if this question has already been beaten to death.  I have a custom Visualforce page/Apex that displays a list of summarized opportunity information for selected accounts. My users then want to be able to click on one of the displayed lines and have a screen exactly like the Opportunity Related List Quick Link hover screen pop up, from which a displayed Opportunity line can be then be selected and go to the standard Opportunity screen. Can I not just use the opportunity pop up screen that Salesforce has already written, and somehow access it from my custom program? I assume that this would be much too simple, and what I want to do will require a lot of custom javascript and CSS; which is definitely NOT my area of expertise.  But I thought I would just ask the question here, to see whether what I want to do is possible or not.  Thanks very much.
AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Kent, 

Include the following in your VF page
<apex:relatedList list="Opportunities" />

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pages.meta/pages/pages_compref_relatedList.htm

Anudeep
Dushyant SonwarDushyant Sonwar
Kent,

I would suggest you to post your vf / apex code , so that it will help others to understand your problem much better.
Kent LichtyKent Lichty
I appreciate all of the responses I have received very much; and I thought I would elaborate a bit more on what I am wanting to achieve. I would be happy to provide my source code, but I don't think it would be very beneficial, because what I want to do would require a brand new custom page.  I have a very simple Visualforce page and Apex that displays a list of SUMMARIZED Opportunity information for a list of accounts,  (a fragment is below) with the "parent" account at the top, which contains the totals for the "child" accounts.  

Picture of my application
That works perfectly fine, but now my users want to be able to select on one of the child quantities (I have one of the columns set as an outputLink so it's clickable, for testing) and have it work like the "Related List Quick Links" for  the selected account opportunities as shown below:
Related List Quick Links
When the user puts the cursor on "Opportunities"it brings up the gloved hand and brings up a nice display of all the opportunities for the selected account, as shown below.  I know it's kind of difficult to see but hopefully you get the general idea.
List of Opportunities
From that list then the user can click on one of the opportunities to go to its detail page, but that is all standard behavior.  So my users want to be able have the exact same functionality when they click on one of the "child" quantity/sum links in my custom page; bring up the nice hover page, etc.  I understand of course that this is some pretty sophisticated Javascript functionality to build this nice hoverlist, (and the entire page is probably written as a "lightning" page) and I don't have the expertise to do that, unless somebody could point me to some general example on how to construct a hover list like this on the client side, etc.  I can easily achieve all of the requested functionality using Visualforce and Apex, but the hover display of opportunities just looks SO MUCH nicer, and that is what my users want.  I know I am asking a lot but again, if somebody could point me to a general example, maybe I could figure out the details on my own. That is, how to construct this nice hover list in my page.