function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Craig WoodmanCraig Woodman 

Before save flow on Opportunity creation with lead conversion

Very similar here to another post that I made about web to lead on before save flow triggers. I was wondering if a before save flow would trigger on an Opportunity record created by lead conversion. I did not see any information, so I figured I would do my own test, by updating the description field on an Opportunity with a before save flow.

Then, I converted a test lead, and sure enough, the description was updated.

This can be a great behavior, but one that everyone needs to be aware of, as it works the opposite of process builder, which will NOT trigger when an Opportunity is created by lead conversion.

Just something to be aware of.
Best Answer chosen by Craig Woodman
Thank you Shirisha - I just wanted to post this so that others who were searching might see it.

All Answers

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Craig,

Greetings!

I have tried and it was working for me with the Process builder as well.

Here is the scenario which I have tried:

I have created the sample Process builder on Opportunity to update the field whenever the record is created or Edited.Then,I have converted the lead record and the field was updated as expected.

Before save function should fire whenever the record is created even if it is flow also.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as best answer so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
Thank you Shirisha - I just wanted to post this so that others who were searching might see it.
This was selected as the best answer