function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Razik bismilRazik bismil 

How to use Dynamic mapping rule product pages?

Hi, we are doing site migration from our old e-commerce website platform into a salesforce environment, as a part of it, we are finding a way to do the dynamic mapping from our old product pages to new product pages in salesforce.
Since we couldn’t find a proper pattern in our old product page URL, it’s making complex to do redirection with dynamic mapping rule. Here I’m mentioning our old URL path and new URL structure in SFCC. Could anyone please help what dynamic mapping rule would match this?

Old structure: domain.com/nike-airmax-270-shoe-N-6574-06

New Salesforce URL structure: domain.com/ nike-airmax-270-shoe/N-6574-06.html

Nike – brand name
airmax-270-shoe – Product name

N-6574-06 - ID

Since we have more than 50,000 product URLs, static mapping is a really time-consuming and big effort. So kindly help me if any other better ways or ideas with dynamic mapping for common redirection.

Deepak GerianiDeepak Geriani

Hello, Razik bismil,

I hope you know that salesforce doesn't use the Extension .html, so you have to create the Visualforce page which can include the HTML template you have in your old e-commerce website. for that, you have to rewrite the VF page or  You can upload this all as a static resource and create a simple Visualforce page that uses an iframe to get the static resource. So for the best experience you can re-write this as a Visualforce page that references your static resource files (images, CSS, etc).

Hope this information helps you Mark as solved if your issue is resolved. 
Thanks

Vaideesh Natarajan 3Vaideesh Natarajan 3
@Razik Bismil, Did you get an answer to your question? Please let me know. I need the exact same answer :)