function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michael MMichael M 

Send List Email (campaign) from org wide address?

Hello, I know that the standard functionality is that you cannot send a List Email from an org wide address. Is there any possible workaround? We need to be able to do this...
Best Answer chosen by Michael M
AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Michael, 

My research is showing that it is partially possible to do this using standard functionality. There have been discussions around this. See the latest comment from Salesforce on this Idea

"Parameters that accompany the option to "Send through Salesforce" (in a user "My Email Settings" page) apply when sending List Emails from Lightning (an email is issued when switching mailboxes to confirm validity). That's one way to change the From and Reply-To. While you can modify the sender display name in these records, there is no option to configure the From address in a List Email such that it dynamically changes to equal the record owner's email address for the lead/contact currently being processed. I can visualize the flows you've described for this idea though, and when it proves valuable.

About the dropdown that appears in 1:1 emails: the composer's From field shows the user's current email address, as well as org-wide email addresses made available to the user in that org. Users with an Inbox license may also connect multiple email accounts to their Salesforce profile; all of these addresses will appear in the dropdown when composing 1:1 emails. That does not cover all of the scenarios mentioned on this idea's comments, but may be helpful to some of you"

If this is not helping you, as a workaround, I suggest going with a customized approach - Querying for OrgWideEmailAddress as shown below and sending the email using Messaging.MassEmailMessage

for(OrgWideEmailAddress owa : [select id, Address<font color="#FF0000">, DisplayName</font> from OrgWideEmailAddress]) {
 Messaging.MassEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.MassEmailMessage();

If you find this information helpful, please mark this answer as Best. It may help others in the community. Thank You!

Anudeep

All Answers

AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Michael, 

My research is showing that it is partially possible to do this using standard functionality. There have been discussions around this. See the latest comment from Salesforce on this Idea

"Parameters that accompany the option to "Send through Salesforce" (in a user "My Email Settings" page) apply when sending List Emails from Lightning (an email is issued when switching mailboxes to confirm validity). That's one way to change the From and Reply-To. While you can modify the sender display name in these records, there is no option to configure the From address in a List Email such that it dynamically changes to equal the record owner's email address for the lead/contact currently being processed. I can visualize the flows you've described for this idea though, and when it proves valuable.

About the dropdown that appears in 1:1 emails: the composer's From field shows the user's current email address, as well as org-wide email addresses made available to the user in that org. Users with an Inbox license may also connect multiple email accounts to their Salesforce profile; all of these addresses will appear in the dropdown when composing 1:1 emails. That does not cover all of the scenarios mentioned on this idea's comments, but may be helpful to some of you"

If this is not helping you, as a workaround, I suggest going with a customized approach - Querying for OrgWideEmailAddress as shown below and sending the email using Messaging.MassEmailMessage

for(OrgWideEmailAddress owa : [select id, Address<font color="#FF0000">, DisplayName</font> from OrgWideEmailAddress]) {
 Messaging.MassEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.MassEmailMessage();

If you find this information helpful, please mark this answer as Best. It may help others in the community. Thank You!

Anudeep

This was selected as the best answer
Michael MMichael M
Thank you Anudeep! Changing the name on the my email settings tab seems to be the best workaround