function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Reece HancoxReece Hancox 

Auto populate field from Accounts to Quotes fields.

Hey guys,

i'm currently trying to create a forumla to make my life easier, i have done this before but i can't remember how to do it. 

I'm trying to make the quotes 'VAT' field get its information from whatever has been input in the Accounts 'VAT' field.

Basically when someone inputs a VAT number, it is automatically on the quotes 'VAT' field without having to do anything.

Seems like i cannot cross fields though. I'm just trying to geta field from 'Quotes' to copy a field from 'Accounts.

I remember it being something like 'Accounts.fields_VAT__c' and it had a tiny icon next to the custom fields part but cant seem to do it anymore. 

Anyone know how to link the 'accounts' VAT fields data to the 'Quotes' VAT fields data so its automated instead of manually putting it in?
Best Answer chosen by Reece Hancox
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Reece,

Greetings!

AccountId on the Quote Object is auto mapped based on the opportunity account information. Go with the following steps 
1. Make sure the Account on the Opportunity Object is filled/updated.
2. Update the opportunity id in the quote then automatically it will map the opportunity account Id in the quote accountid fiel.

Based on this,you can create the formual field as below:

Opportunity.Account.fields_VAT__c.

Kindly mark it as best answer if it helps so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri