function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lalitha Pavani Rallabandi 13Lalitha Pavani Rallabandi 13 

Remove change owner button from the List View

Hi,
I am trying to remove the change owner button on lead object. I removed the modify all permission and unchecked the Transfer records permission on the respective profile. Still I am not able to remove the button.User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added imagePlease help me out on this
Herish SurendranHerish Surendran
You can remove the button using the lead object page layout ( Lead Layout, Lead (Sales) layout, Lead (Marketing) Layout, Lead (Suppot) Layout ). If this solves your doubt mark this answer as solved.
Hi @Herish,
I removed the change owner button from the pagelayout. By doing this, I am not getting the change owner button the record page level. But still change owner button is showing on the list view. I am able to remove the button in the classic UI. 
John KlokJohn Klok
Hi,
you can remove the button for the following steps.
Go to setup -> Object Manager -> select the object -> Select search layout for Classic -> edit the list view -> deselct the button  -> save

Please refer this link.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=customizing_search_layouts.htm&type=5
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=customize_searchlayout.htm&type=5

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Lalitha
Hi John,
I want to remove the button from lead list view of lightning UI. 
I am not sure why it is not working for you. I tried that solution in my Dev org. It worked. May be you can reset all the things that you did previously and then try alone the solution that I have mentioned.
Remove the Change Owner button from every layout of the lead object. Refresh your page twice or thrice and then check
RAVINDERREDDY KAMBALAPALLYRAVINDERREDDY KAMBALAPALLY
At the moment when you view cases in a list view in the lightning service cloud console, users get a dropdown when they can go straight into edit mode but it also gives them access to the Change Owner button. We have removed this from our page layouts as we wanted a more controlled way to move cases around. There is no control over this Change Owner button so cases can get bounced around damaging the customer experience. 
https://trailblazer.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=0873A000000E9L7QAK
Muralikrishnan B RMuralikrishnan B R
@Herish Surendran, it is getting removed in lightning list view but not from Classic list view. 
Muralikrishnan B RMuralikrishnan B R
Follow the below it will work.
Classic: Go to setup --> Object Manager --> select the object --> Select search layout --> edit the Leads list view -->
deselct the button(Change Owner [ChangeOwner]) from there --> save
Lightning: In Lightning, Go to setup --> Object Manager --> select the object --> Select search layout for Classic --> edit the list view -->
deselct the button(Change owner [MassChangeOwner]) from there --> save
Tarick Al-NomayTarick Al-Nomay

Hi There, 

Try the following: Setup > Object Manager > Lead Object > List View Button Layout > Then Edit the List View

User-added image

Then simply uncheck the standard buttons you want removed from the Leads Object List view.

If this works for you, remember to mark this as resolved :)