function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shawn Reichner 33Shawn Reichner 33 

Concatenate String Values to Multi-Select Picklist with Flow

Hello Awsome fellow Salesforce experts!

I have an issue with a flow that I am tryign to create.  First I tried this solution via an apex class being called from a process builder and that caused either Apex Time Out errors and or Record Locking errors, so I tried to go a more decalrative approach that I read can work, just not how. I tried my best and hoping you can help me out.  

What is the Goal? - I have a Text field on our Product (Standard Product2 Object) called Reported Manufacturer.  This field is listing the OEM Manufacturer of the product.  For pipeline purposed and workign with our manufactures we need the ability to concatenate all of the associated Quote Lines "Reported Manufacturer" fields to catpure one or more manufactures that make up the Opportunity. 

When a Quote is marked primary a process builder should call the flow in question to get all Quote Lines, then update the Opportunity associated to blank out the "Opportunity Manufacturer(s)" Multi Select PickList field, then the next step of the flow is to loop through all quoet lines found for that quote and assign the value of the products reported manufacture to a formula field in the flow for each item and then after the last item is looped through, go ahead an update the Multi Picklist field on the Opportunity "Opportunity Manufacture(s)"  with all of the values found for reported manufacturer on the quote lines with deduplicating if possible. 

Example: Product A has a reported manufacturer of xxx and Product B has a reported manufacturer of yyy and Product C has a reported manufacturer of xxx.  When the quote is saved and is the primary quote, then process runs, calls the flow and the above should when completed should have updated the Opportunity Multi Select Picklist field "Opportunity Manufactuer(s)" with xxx and yyy. 

Hope that made sense and if you need any further information please ask away...Please see the flow below as well as each Element. 

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Total FLow:
User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image
User-added imageUser-added image
Shawn Reichner 33Shawn Reichner 33
Additional Screen grabs: User-added image
User-added image