function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Leo DarkstarLeo Darkstar 

How to make automated emails appear in Activities ?

Our users currently use the Email part of Activities to create and send an email which in turn also becomes an Email Message record and appears in the Activities History section of that record. We are now automating that email and the users will no longer be creating it. How do I make that new automated email appear in the Activities History section ? Do I somehow automatically create a new Email Message record ?
ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Leo,

I found a below record regarding the same use case where the have an implementation of automated email using workflow which they were not able to see in that actity page and they made an implementation can you try checking the below link once:

>> https://trailblazers.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000gzeaAAA

I hope this helps and in case if this comes handy can you please choose this as the best answer so that it can be used by others in the future.

Regards,
Anutej
Leo DarkstarLeo Darkstar
There is a comment in that response regarding this which suggests the solution of creating an EmailMessage record for the record in order to have this automated email appear in the history. I intend to do that - but I'm wondering if creating that EmailMessage record causes any other events. Would it also create an email with the details I include in that EmailMessage, and so 2 emails would get sent out ?