function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Maksym MarshaliukMaksym Marshaliuk 

making read-only for all profiles except of

User-added imageI need to Make it read-only for all profiles except Sys Admin. But when I remove check mark from sys admin and save it, i notice that Read-Only column becomes unmarked when i when i visit this page again. How can i fix it?
Jaya Karthik  karnatiJaya Karthik karnati
Hi Maksym,

Can you please elaborate your issue , after you save it what becomes unmarked ?

if you are referring to the heading column. Then that is expected behaviour because the checkbox on the side of column name is for all the profiles and since you dont want readonly for system admin , the permission is not readonly for all the profiles , so thats why this will be unchecked if you edit again.

User-added image

Please mark this as best answer if it helps. or kindly elaborate on the orginal issue you are facing.

Thanks,
Karthik

AnkaiahAnkaiah (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Maksym,

That means, System administrator can have edit option for the respective field and rest of the profiles have read only option(they can't able to edit).

So the read only should be uncheck for the system admin profile.

If this information helps, Please mark it as best answer.

Thanks!!
Maksym MarshaliukMaksym Marshaliuk
How can i make it readonly for all profiles except for sys admin
Hi Maksym,

To make any field read Only for all profiles except system admin.
  1. Open the field --> click on set Field level security / While creating the field
  2. In the column name of read only, click on the check box ( its the easier way ) Or you can individually mark for each and every profile
  3. Now scroll down to system admin profile and remove the checkbox for read Only ,
  4. Save the FLS

Thanks,
Karthik
Hi Maksym ,

Hope the previous answer helped your question , if so kindly mark it best answer to close this question. 

Thanks,
Karthik