function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cruttley2cruttley2 

API version 30 question

I got an email from Salesforce warning that API Versions 30.0 and under are being retired. I did some research and I found one API call in the event log that says it comes from "/v30.0/connect/communities" and that I was the person that invoked it.
Does anyone have any idea to what that is referring? We dont use "Communities" at all, so I dont know what this API call could have been for.
All help greatly appreciated!
Best Answer chosen by cruttley2
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI cruttley2 ,
I have come across similar scenarios in the past. I believe you are using either the Salesforce Field Service Mobile app for Android or Salesforce Mobile for Android applications.

The Salesforce product team has filed a bug for this scenario (#W-11180538) According to this, Salesforce App for Android is still using v30.0 for certain API requests. However v30.0 is being retired. This API version should be upgraded to v31.0 or greater

Related:  https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.236.0.chatterapi.meta/chatterapi/connect_resources_connect.htm which mentions the /connect/communities URI is used to get a list of all Experience Cloud sites available to the context user. Create an Experience Cloud site.

Hope this helps! Thank you

Thank you
Swetha Maddali
Salesforce.com Support

All Answers

HI cruttley2 ,
I have come across similar scenarios in the past. I believe you are using either the Salesforce Field Service Mobile app for Android or Salesforce Mobile for Android applications.

The Salesforce product team has filed a bug for this scenario (#W-11180538) According to this, Salesforce App for Android is still using v30.0 for certain API requests. However v30.0 is being retired. This API version should be upgraded to v31.0 or greater

Related:  https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.236.0.chatterapi.meta/chatterapi/connect_resources_connect.htm which mentions the /connect/communities URI is used to get a list of all Experience Cloud sites available to the context user. Create an Experience Cloud site.

Hope this helps! Thank you

Thank you
Swetha Maddali
Salesforce.com Support

This was selected as the best answer
cruttley2cruttley2
Thank you @Swetha. That helps a lot. Yes, I use Salesforce app on my Samsung phone. Are you saying that I dont have to do anything and that Salesforce will be fixing the problem? Please confirm.
Yes. There should be no impact or need for action on your part.

Please consider marking the answer as best to close the thread so that others can find this helpful too. Thank you