function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ragnar Lothbrok 7Ragnar Lothbrok 7 

New Task Record is not Showing under Activity History Related list for Account Record

Hello,

In my org, I have a sendEmail action on Order object which send an email and creates a Task record for that same email.
I had a requirements to associate that Task record to Account and Contact record.
Now this Account and Contact field is on Order object as Lookup.
So, if Order has Account or Contact then Associate that Task to them.
For that i created a flow which will check if Task is created for Order record then get the associated Account and Contact record and link to them with Task record.
Now under Task record we have Related To, Name fields already present for Order and Contact record respectively
So i created a custom field named Related To Account (Lookup to Account) under Activity object, so while creating i got an option to create Related list name/label for that Account object.

Problem : When i sendEmail from Order record -> It creates Task record for that email -> flow associate that Task to Account and contact record
While checking tha Related list under:
Order PageLayout : We can see that Task under Activity History,
Contact PageLayout : We can see that Task under Activity History,
Account PageLayout : We cannot see that Task under Activity History, But we can see Task under Activities Related list that i created when i was creating the lookup field on Activity Object(field: Related To Account)

So I wanted to know why i am not able to see Task under Activity History Realted list on Account Object, but i am able to see under Activities related list.
Please help me understand this.
Sai PraveenSai Praveen (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Ragnar,

As you are assing the Account to the seperate field created on Task and its related list is "Related list" so you are able to see it under thatb section. While for Orders as you are using standard Related to so you are able to see under "Activity History" which is standard one.

Let me know if you face any issues.

If this solution helps, Please mark it as best answer.

Thanks,