function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eran Sharon 13Eran Sharon 13 

Non Admin profile Cannot send an email from a case using the support email to case address

I have set up email to case and it works fine. As an admin i can send emails from within a Case from the email which i have set up as the email to case address, responses are threaded back to the case and everything looks fine. However, other users can send email from a case ONLY from their own email address and they do not have the ability to select the generic Support email. As a result responses are not threaded to the case and they are sent only to their personal email.

Any idea why? How can i allow all users to send email from a case using the email to case address?

Shivdeep KumarShivdeep Kumar

Hi Eran,

Please check two things-
1- The profile should have the "Send Email" checkbox is checked.
2- In organization-wide address on setup, email address should have allowed for that profile.

Thanks,
Shivdeep

Thanks, This checkbox is checked. As i mentioned, the user is able to send email from a case but he can only send it when his own email is the sender. I would like the user to be able to select the generic support email which is set up in the email-to-case as the sender.
ok, and what about the second point. is that generic support email is allowed for the user profile?
What do you mean by that? "is that generic support email is allowed for the user profile" - where can i check that?

Hi Shivdeep,

I verified that under Setup -> Organization-Wide Addresses the email which is used in the email-to-case is set up and the purpose is set as "User Selection and Default No-Reply Address".

I am still not able to select this email as the "From" address when i post an email from a case from a profile which is not an administrator.

Hi Eran,
Please see the SS and check from your side that did you select that profile.User-added image

Thanks
I can confirm that my profile is selected (I selected all profiles as shown in your screenshot). I am still not able to send case emails from the org-wide addresses from the non-admin user...