function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vivek Pandey 102Vivek Pandey 102 

Email from outside are not coming in Salesforce cases

Hi Folks,
I am new to Salesforce and currently focusing on Admin part. There is an Email_To_Case has bene implemented in org where email from Company A is going to Company B on Case related communications.

We could see that responses from Company B is not availbale in Salesforce for some Cases on some dates. Company B told that they reverted but those response are not yet reached to Salesforce.

What I have tried so far.
1# Login to SF>Case>Activity History (seen the emails from Company A) but could not see responses from Company B.

2# Then Downlaoded Email Log for given window and see emails from Company A to Company B but again could not see responses from Company B.

This set up was done long back and not working for few companies like B ,C and D.

Can anyone guide where I should debug this. I have emails subjects and dates from Comany A where they are expecting responses from Company B.

AnkaiahAnkaiah (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Vivek,

Have you implemented the email to case functionality newly or existing functionality?

Thanks!!
It is an existing one.I have to investigate case of missing email responses to Salesfroce emails(from Company A)
It is not with all cases it is happening from few weeks for some of cases when Company B, C, D... are replying to Company A's emails.
With attcahment or w.o attachment. I unable to trace their response in SF org
AnkaiahAnkaiah (Salesforce Developers) 
Can you check the email to case settings in Company A?

As per the latest updates, disabled Ref Id and ebabled New Threading Behavior for Email-To-Case.
With the new behavior, incoming emails are matched to cases using the Message-ID in their In-Reply-To and References headers rather than through a Ref-ID from the email subject or body. Once email header-based threading is enabled, Email-to-Case no longer inserts a Ref-ID in outgoing emails and ignores the Ref-ID from incoming emails for matching.
You can replace your apex method related to the VF page from getCaseIdFromEmailThreadId to getCaseIdFromEmailHeaders
The new method can retrieve the Case ID from replies to emails sent by agents from the case email composer.

Refer the below article.
https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000355168&type=1

Thanks!!
I cna see these two options are already checked in eamil to case-
Insert Thread ID in the Email Subject and Insert Thread ID in the Email Body. Are you suggesting some other changes here.
Siva Krishna KondapalliSiva Krishna Kondapalli
hi Vivek Pandey,
I think you should check on the mail id given to get those company responses, whether you gave your org id or company A id and change the mail ID accordingly that would help.

Thanks 
Anand kurubaAnand kuruba
Hi,

It is not with all cases it is happening from few weeks for some of cases when Company B, C, D... are replying to Company A's emails.
please follow this link
https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000355168&type=1
Thanks!!