function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mike A SmithMike A Smith 

Flow email does not trigger with bulk update but will with a manual update

Hello,

We have a flow email that WILL trigger when you make a manual update to an Account but when using a tool to do the same update the email does not send. Any ideas on what is preventing the email from going out?

The email is to alert the billing contact on an Account when the Invoicing Status is made 'Terminated' and the Inv Status Reason is made 'Non Payment'. This morning I did that change MANUALLY on a test account and I got the email. When I first tried the update with DemandTools I got no email. (??)

What are we missing so that the bulk updates with a tool will trigger the email?

Thanks,

Mike
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Mike,

Can you check email logs to see if email has been triggered or no ?

https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.emailadmin_monitor_emails_sent_from_salesforce.htm&type=5

Thanks,
Mike A SmithMike A Smith
Hi Vinay, That’s what prompted us to look at this further at this. The business person and I reviewed the email log and did not see any emails had been sent. I had applied a bulk update not long ago for this person, using DemandTools to set the Invoicing Status (Terminated) and Invoicing Status Reason (non Payment). That’s when she came to me a few days ago asking for a log and we both reviewed it and did not see any emails had gone out. I then did the test update on a test account with DemandTools (which produced NO email to me, I checked spam to be sure and got nothing) and then right after that I tried manually updating the test account (which I received an email from that). So just trying to figure out why the bulk update using a tool does not generate the email when a manual update DOES produce the email. Thanks, Mike