function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
alxhdezalxhdez 

Logic problem, it is possible? Add more quotelineitems if it has more than 1 on quantity

• Hello Guys.
  • My method does not work correctly.
  • What it does is call another method inside a loop, the functionality is to take each quotelineitem from the quote until it finishes collecting all the quotelineitems there are. (The method takes one quotelineitem at a time, that's why the loop).
  • My problem arises when I want to add an extra quotelineitem if its quantity is greater than one, also concatenating a number 1-2-3-...-etc , depending on the quantity in the quoteline item.
  • My first code works fine, skipping the quantity part inside the quotelineitem The second code is when I try to add an extra quotelineitem depending on the amount, which is where I need your help guys.
  • The problem specific is the first code
  • Thank you, good day :)
First code
public static String SendEpics(String oppId, String idproject){
        Quote quotes = [SELECT Id, Name FROM Quote WHERE OpportunityId =: oppId AND IsSyncing=true LIMIT 1];    
        List<QuoteLineItem> qlitems = [SELECT Id, Product2.Name, Product2.Description, Quantity FROM QuoteLineItem WHERE QuoteId =: quotes.Id];
        //Example in the quoteline items list
        //ProductA, ProductB, ProductC
        //On product C, on quantity field I have 3, so I need to extend the quotelineitems like:
        //ProductA, ProductB, ProductC1, ProductC2, ProductC3
        for(Quotelineitem qli :qlitems){
            //What is doing?
            //Executing the method by passing it one quotelineitem per loop until all quotelineitems are finished
            postEpicIssuesIndividual(oppId, idproject, qli); //Here is calling one method that need one quotelineitem per call, I cant do it with a list

//What should do now?
            //More quotelineitems should be added if the number in them is greater than 1.
            //Example: If the quantity of one of the quotelineitems is 2, 
            //I have to add 2 quotelineitems instead of 1, concatenating a number. example; quotelineItemExample1, quotelineItemExample2
        }
        return null;
    }

This is what im trying
public static String SendEpics(String oppId, String idproject){
        Quote quotes = [SELECT Id, Name FROM Quote WHERE OpportunityId =: oppId AND IsSyncing=true LIMIT 1];    
        List<QuoteLineItem> qlitems = [SELECT Id, Product2.Name, Product2.Description, Quantity FROM QuoteLineItem WHERE QuoteId =: quotes.Id];

for(Quotelineitem qli :qlitems){
            if(qli.Quantity > 1){
                for(Integer i = 0; i > qli.Quantity; i++){                
                    qli.Product2.Name = qli.Product2.Name + i;
                    qli.Product2.Description = qli.Product2.Description;
                    qlitems.add(qli);
                }   
            }
            postEpicIssuesIndividual(oppId, idproject, qli);
        }
        return null;
    }

SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Alejandro,
I see you also reached out on https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/374840/logic-problem-it-is-possible-add-more-quotelineitems-if-it-has-more-than-1-on

Does the answer provided in above link help? If so, please consider closing this thread marking answer as best so it can help others too.Thanks